Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing #23

After browsing the Discussion Forum in Classroom 2.0 I discovered there are a lot of people out there that want to share or have questions. I did come across a couple of cool sites that I hopefully can use Interactive Quiz and Phixr for online photo editing. The problem with the discussion forum is there are too many interesting topics. I kept finding things I wanted to bookmark or comment on. I even ordered a book from Amazon based on one of the groups' discussions. Several of the discussions covered questions I had or hadn't thought of but was interested in.
I joined the TeacherLibrarianNing. Of course it was created by Dr. Joyce Valenza so it was full of useful discussions. I also joined Texas School Librarians. The thought of communicating with fellow librarians at all levels is an exciting concept for me. This being my first year I want to have as much input to make the library program at my school the best it can be. Connecting with people who have been where I am will save me time and mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment