Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing #12

I explored every tool and spent way too much time doing it. Some of the tools were just fun. Blabberize and Picnik are two. I "played" with these two tools for quite a while. I hope my family appreciates what I did to their pictures. I also started a photo album/scrapbook of my son with MixBook. Though I "played" with those tools for my personal use several of the others would be useful in the classroom setting. I liked the use of Writeboard for students to share their writing and for peer response/input. The Quizlet would be great for just about any subject. The idea of getting immediate feedback after completing a test is helpful. I knew right then if I had selected the correct answer. I tried the Weebly, but I guess I didn't spend enough time exploring it. No technical expertise was needed to create a website but you had to know what and how all the drag-and-drop features were used. I didn't! TimeGlider and Ta-da List would be good for a students or teacher to create a project checklist or due dates. Students would be able to check when certain tasks were to be completed. The last tool I will mention is the LetterPop. This could be used for final products on a students project or as a student or teacher created classroom newsletter.

2 comments:

  1. With each tool that we play with we will learn different thing. The tools that we play with makes it easier for us to explain to our students. Keep on play with all the tools that we find and they will be our friends for life.

    ReplyDelete