Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #8

Creative Commons could affect me professionally and/or personally if I need or want to publish something. Having the "cc" logo would make it easier to identify material that I could use freely. It would also allow me to decide how exactly I wanted my creations to be used by others.

The only problem is I haven't ever seen, or recall seeing, this logo on any websites I have visited. I attempted a search of websites that would require some type of permission for use and only found the copyright logo. I will keep looking.

If students were creating a product that would be put on the school website, a web-page, or blog, this would be beneficial in helping them stay within the appropriate use of resources. Some students and adults tend to copy and paste without much consideration for the legality of use. I have used digital images, audio and video from the web in production of material I wanted to present to the students. I have assisted the students in the use of these resources for use in their work. This will make me stop and take a closer look at what I am doing and allowing the students to use.

1 comment:

  1. It is easy to identify with your manner of thinking. I'm thinking I may even need to go back and make a copy of all the symbols and what they mean when it comes to using something from Creative Commons. It even sounds as if this is an ever evolving process at this time.

    ReplyDelete